Thursday, October 28, 2004

Nobody Can Take My Head

I plan to violate my rule of never posting quite a bit in what remains of October. Although it may not benefit me. To my amazement, my piece on the benefits of not voting was met with intellectual property theft by the creators of South Park.

To recap, on 10/26/04 I posted a rather long winded piece about the benefits of not voting. In said piece, I strongly criticized the do-gooders who demand that everyone vote and in particular targeted one Sean "Puffy, Puff Daddy, P. Diddy, Hey Diddle Diddle, etc." Combs for his ridiculous "Vote or Die" campaign.

Imagine my surprise when the all new episode of South Park, airing 10/27/04, contained a story line about a school election where the hero, Stan Marsh, is castigated for his refusal to vote by just about everyone in town. The show (a la the Nihlist in Golf Pants) strongly criticized the do gooders who cajoled and threatened Stan into voting, including one Sean (the man of 1000 nicknames) Combs, who performs a hilarious rap parody entitled "Vote or Die," where he and his posse threaten stan with hand guns.

What amazes me is that they can put together a 22 minute animated program with little more than one day of preparation. Can mockery of Puffy be considered intellectual property? If so, I could be a very rich man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home