Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Rich Man's Burden

I would like to thank the Nihilist in Golf Pants for inviting me to join his blog (I don’t remember the Augusta demand, but hey, why not). My primary motivation for joining the blogoshpere is to help focus attention on the plight of the mega-rich in our society. It seems that we rich are fair game for attack from all quarters. Need to raise taxes? I know! Let’s soak the rich! Filthy criminals like Robin Hood are raised to legendary status because they stole from the rich and gave to the poor. Try it the other way around and you become a pariah.

My posts will defend the wealthy without regard to race, creed, or ethnicity. I think it was Dr. Martin Luther King who said (I paraphrase from memory) “I have a dream that one day we will judge men not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their wallets.” Truly a beautiful sentiment.

Update: Apparently the actual Dr. Martin Luther King quote is: “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.” Also a beautiful sentiment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nihilist in Golf Pants said...

"My posts will defend the wealthy without regard to race, creed, or ethnicity."

I know you will be treading on ground well travelled by the PowerLine guys, but there's always room for one more.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home