I Hate Getting Serious
But I thought I'd give my interpretation of the last week in Washington since "the deal."
- There are enough weak-kneed Republicans that it will be tough to ever play hard ball on important issues.
- Blogger would-be analysts really like hyperbole.
- Since Frist wasn't going to get the votes to go nuclear, getting 3 judges may be better than what would have happened without "the deal."
- Pushing the Bolton nomination immediately afterward was a good idea, contrary to at least one blogger opinion, because it showcases the hypocrisy of the moderate Democrats as well as the megalomania of John McCain.
- Center-right wimps who fought to preserve the power of moderates like Alan Specter should feel pretty silly.
Since this is supposed to be a humor blog, here's an oldie but a goodie:
Two peanuts were walking down the street and one of them was a salted!