Sunday, June 26, 2005

Finally I May Get My New Boathouse

The conservative wing of the blogosphere has been up in arms about the Supreme Court’s Kelo decision. Many have made the case against Kelo, but no one has yet made the strongest argument in favor: I may finally get my new boathouse.

The lakefront land on my estate is just not quite right for a boathouse (not to mention the fact that it would partially obstruct my view of the lake). However, there is a parcel of land on my neighbor’s property that would be perfect, but the jerk has refused to sell. Now the matter will be in the hands of the city council, and I have reason to believe that the decision will go my way (that is, if they’d like to be re-elected). Without a boathouse, lakefront property is practically worthless – with a boathouse, they’ll finally be able to make some decent property tax income. If the city council doesn’t come through, don’t think I won’t sell this dump to some middle class family with kids.

Now that I think about it, not only should the city condemn the property, but they should build the boathouse for me. If they don’t, I’m sure there are plenty of cities that would.

UPDATE: No, Cathy in the Wright is not the neighbor in question. She would never be so inconsiderate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home