Saturday, June 25, 2005

Halliburton Update

I’m pleased to report that my Halliburton investment is coming along quite nicely. On President Bush’s inauguration day last January, I purchased 100,000 shares at $41.62. It closed Friday at $48.12, for a paper profit of $650,000. Halliburton’s 15.6% increase is ten times better than the S&P 500’s performance over the same period.

I would be remiss if I didn’t thank the moonbats. Without their whining, the Pentagon may not have thought it necessary to air condition the new Guantanamo detention facility that Halliburton is building. All of these extra frills do help the bottom line. Let’s hope Halliburton is visionary enough to be developing a new unflushable Koran.

2 Comments:

Blogger Moses said...

Yowling from the Fencepost -- War profiteering, wingnut style.

Are you serious about this? Did you really invest 4m and are now boasting over a half mil in profit? If you are, then have a little humble pie on me.

1:19 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Can you buy me a new bra? I keep burning mine.

Thanks. I like lace.

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home