Tuesday, September 06, 2005

You Might Be A Liberal

Learned Foot is quickly becoming the Johnnie Cochrane of blogging. His sad attempts to save his teenage idol Bruce Dickinson from being known as a lefty are failing worse than his jokes on Sunday night.

So again, all you have to know is that Bruce made the following comments in a couple of fairly recent interviews:

I hate Walmart, and I hate the corporatization of everything in America. I despise it. People need to have their minds made up for them, at this moment, and they need to liberate themselves from that. It drives me nuts.

And...

I was a kid and brought up with the Apollo missions. What I thought was cool was the whole concept that people were just doing all this because it was there. It was an exploration. Then I realized it had nothing to do with exploration, it was about domination of some other country and putting nuclear bombs in space. It sucks.

As I said on the KAR site, anyone who mentions "The corporatization of America" or thinks the Apollo missions were some kind of evil plot to "Put nuclear bombs in space" is a leftist.

Agreed?

I thought so.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are absolutely right JB.

LF is just in denial because so many rockers are leftist wanks and he wants to hang on to some part of his teenage years when everything was black and white.

I am voting for you and Sharon's version of events.

11:33 AM  
Blogger LearnedFoot said...

"failing worse than his jokes on Sunday night"

I don't recall seeing you there, JB...

"People need to have their minds made up for them, at this moment, and they need to liberate themselves from that"

Rugged individualism. A conservative value, no?

"What I thought was cool was the whole concept that people were just doing all this because it was there. It was an exploration."

Initiative, enterprise, and risk-taking. Conservative values all, no?

LF

12:19 PM  
Blogger Anonymous_Me said...

JB, I am a big fan of you and all the rest of the NARN. I'm no fan of any heavy metal acts, but I don't think you can dismiss what LF is saying here. Bruce Dickinson may not be a conservative, but he doesn't sound like a lefty. He sounds libertarian to me.

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home