Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Top 11 Thoughts That Went Through The Minds Of Those Flag Burning Hippies When Rick Monday Snatched The Flag They Were Trying To Burn

Today is the thirtieth anniversary of Chicago Cub’s Centerfielder Rick Monday liberating an American Flag that was about to be burned by two hippies. Here we answer the question that has been nagging millions ever since: What were the top 11 thoughts that ran through the “minds” of those hippies when Monday snatched the flag?














11. Hey, he stole our flag! There’s never a cop around when you need one!

10. Next time we’ll burn it by First Base. Centerfielders are too fast.

9. At least he didn’t run off with my pot.

8. "John you can't light for crap."
"Oh like you're better Scott!"

7. That does it; I’m cutting Monday from my fantasy team

6. If I had any respect for private property, I'd be really angry right now.

5. I told him to douse the flag with lighter fluid BEFORE we ran onto the field, but no, he had to do it his way

4. Darn it, now I won't get extra credit in my public school civics class!

3. I hope this doesn’t stop Neil Young from writing a tribute song about us

2. Who would’ve thought a Cub would come through in a clutch situation?

1. More squelching of dissent! Gerald Ford is worse than Hitler!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pauli said...

Hilarious. Number 2 was number 1.

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think #6 is #1.

By the way, the gorgeous, witty Mary Katharine Ham provided a link to here from Hewitt's blog.

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home