Thursday, January 31, 2008

Called on the Carpet

SISYPHUS: [poking head through door of the Nihilist in Golf Pants’ office]
So, you wanted to see me?

NIGP:
Nice of you to make it in today. We need to talk about how you have been slacking off in your blogging lately.

SISYPHUS:
What are you talking about, dude? In the past two weeks alone I’ve done that internet meme about privilege and a top 11 list on the reasons Kennedy endorsed Obama.

NIGP: [hurling stapler at Sisyphus]
YOU CALL THAT BLOGGING? A STUPID INTERNET MEME AND A LIST OF WARMED OVER KENNEDY JOKES? AND THAT’S IT OVER TWO WEEKS?

SISYPHUS: [deftly dodging stapler]
Chill dude, chill. I know my production has been down a bit, but I’m sure it will pick up now that I’ve finished Halo 3. On legendary.

NIGP: [hurling a copy of Corporate Board Member Magazine at Sisyphus]
HALO 3? DO YOU THINK I GOT THIS WATCH PLAYING HALO 3?

[NIGP shows off expensive looking watch]

SISYPHUS:
Uh, no, I suppose not.

NIGP:
You’ve got that right. There are going to have to be some changes around here. It looks like I’m going to have to give you a blogging assignment. You will live blog the Democrat debate tonight.

SISYPHUS:
Whooooooooa Dude. I haven’t watched a single debate all season and I’m not about to start with a stomach churning Democrat debate. No way, no how.

NIGP:
Do you realize that even St. Paul has been blogging more than you have lately?

SISYPHUS:
Yeah well, I guess that is pretty bad, but live blogging a Democrat debate with Hillary and Obama …

NIGP:
I’ll tell you what. You can ease the pain by doing one of those debate drinking games while live blogging. A drink every time someone says “change” or mentions Ted Kennedy or tries to pander to John Edwards supporters.

SISYPHUS:
I think someone is already doing the drunk live blogging bit.

NIGP:
So what, everyone steals from everyone on the internet. Besides, you can expense the alcohol.

SISYPHUS:
Brilliant idea!

Developing …

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home