Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Papa Was A Rolling Stone

Every so often you come upon a story where everyone in it comes off bad. In this case it is the story of Chelsea Clinton avoiding sniper fire long enough to speak to students at Butler University in Indianapolis.

Chelsea was being "pimped out," at least to David Schuster of MSNBC News, at a campus event on behalf of her mother. As she took questions from the audience, some guy asked if her father's affair with Monica Lewinski hurt her mother's credibility.

Chelsea's reaction was clearly shocked and angered. She claimed that, "You are the first person, actually that's ever asked me that question." I am calling BS. Yeah, her dad getting a hummer in the Oval Office wasn't that newsworthy. I guess people just didn't care. I am guessing that her answer was coached, if her indignation wasn't.

I'm going to go on record as saying the questioner was classless. Nobody likes Hillary less than me, but it is downright cruel to rub their adult child's face in the fact that her parents marriage is a sham.

The best part of the story, though, is the questioner claims he was a Hillary supporter:

"I'm a supporter of Hillary. I love Hillary," Strange said Wednesday on CBS' "The Early Show." "He said he asked the question because his friends 'always bring up that scandal. It's not something I asked to cause trouble but to show those people what makes Hillary so strong.' He said that by brushing him off, Chelsea Clinton missed an opportunity to show her mother's strength.

Your mama's so strong she let your daddy cheat on her and stood right by him. You go girl!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home