Saturday, April 21, 2012

Old Shep: The Obama Version

The story of how our president used to eat dogs makes me wonder how the classic song "Old Shep" would go as sung by Barack Obama:

When I was a lad and old Shep was a pup
O'er hills and meadows we'd strayed
Just a boy and his dog we were both full of fun
But I wondered just how Shep would taste


I was living that time in that Indonesian hole
When many have starved beyond doubt
Shep was unsuspecting and gentle and tame
He had no clue how this would turn out


So the years sped along and at he grew big and plump
While our cupboards were empty and thin

Then one day the cook looked at me and said
We could feast for a week just on him


With a hand that was trembling I picked up my gun
I aimed it at Shep's faithful head
I'd serve him up good with a sauce made from plum
And maybe some zucchini bread

Old Shep never knew he was going to go
He'd reached out and nipped at my hand
At the very last second, he seemed to say
Are you a barbarian, man?

He was a little bit chewy, much more than beef round
I served him with a side of peas
I
 ate the best pal that a man ever found
I even had seconds and threes

Now old Shep is gone in my tummy and so

No more with old Shep will I roam
But telling this story made my appetite grow!!

C'mere now, c'mere doggie! Bo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home